Thursday, November 11, 2010

Art Basel Miami


This work is from an artist out of Miami. I have attended "Art Basel Miami" (http://www.artbaselmiamibeach.com/) for the past three years. This is the 2nd biggest art show in the world to Uruguay. Why does the world come to South Beach Miami for an art show? Well, once you attend this show, you will understand why. It is a compilation of up and coming artists, icons like Picasso, Monet, Manet to name a few. This is where the mac daddy of art collectors come to show off their collection. And, the best place to find up and coming artists from around the world.  The art deco hotels are converted into boutique art galleries. It is just incredible! You need the whole week (December 2nd thru 5th) to see all of the collections. I originally saw this artist at Art Basel three years ago in a small art deco hotel on Collins Avenue and fell in love with his work. Now his work has tripled in price and he is a national hit. The photos above were taken by me at a local gallery who actually showed his work for a while. When I found out it was there, I immediately called the gallery owner and asked if I could see it in person. She graciously accomodated me and I was able to get these awesome close up shots. WOW! Art is a great investment and something you can pass down to your family for many generations. Always buy original! There are lots of artists out there in different price ranges. Original art is affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment